New years are synonymous with resolutions or goals. Many people focus on personal resolutions, but have you thought about your 2023 business goals?
Beyond sales goals, here are a few of our favorite New Year’s resolutions or goals to get your business plans off and running for 2023!
1. Refresh your product descriptions.
Have you re-read and refreshed your product descriptions since you originally wrote them? According to consumer research, at least 20% of lost sales are due to lack of product information. As you review your descriptions, consider what your customers want to know. Think about what questions you answer frequently about your products and make sure the answers to those questions are in your descriptions.
Maybe your descriptions do a great job at answering customer questions, but could use a little sprucing up (see what we did there?). Your descriptions should do more than just describe your product. Be sure to include:
- The problem(s) your product solves.
- What customers gain from your product.
- What makes your product better than the competition.
In addition to actual text, review your description organization. To help your customers find what they want to know, make sure to use appropriate headings and lists.
2. Refresh (or Create) Your FAQs
While you’re at it, review your FAQ page. Do you need to add any questions? Perhaps remove ones that are no longer applicable?
If you don’t have a FAQ page, consider creating one. This type of page can be critical to helping a customer who is on the fence to convert.
In addition to helping your customers find answers, FAQ pages are great for SEO. We can help your determine what your customers are searching for to optimize those FAQs!
3. Update Your Images.
Much like product descriptions, your website images play a critical role in conversions. Here are some tips to help you review and refresh your images:
- Use high quality images.
- Remember that some customers use images like text. Let your images show what your text says.
- Lifestyle photos are more helpful for products such as apparel or home décor.
- Utilize image name and alt text to optimize SEO.
4. Make a Long Term Plan
Most of our tips focus on the short term, but don’t forget about your long term goals. Here are some examples steps you can take to support your website and business goals long term.
- Start blogging: The best blogs answer common questions for your readers and customers. If you consistently create valuable content or articles for your audience, it will establish you as an industry leader.
- Send consistent newsletters: Newsletters are a great way to share knowledge, announce events, and highlight products. Coupled with a welcome series and abandoned cart emails, newsletters will keep your top of mind with your customers.
- Pair your newsletters with SMS: In addition to long form newsletters, SMS campaigns are growing in popularity. You can utilize SMS to communicate sales or to communicate with your VIPs.
Bonus Tip: Consider a Website Redesign
We have to admit that this tip isn’t really a short consideration, but it might be time for your entire website to be refreshed.
Design is an ever changing thing. If your site was created over 5 years ago, it may be time to update the look and feel of your site. This could be anything from a new menu navigation, to a new homepage, or new product categorization and sorting.
Looking to get started?
We’d love to get to know your and your business! If you’d love to pair up with Sprucely Designed to reach your business and website goals in 2023, schedule a call with us here!