As you’ve probably heard from us, email marketing is crucial to growing your small business. Email marketing can help you grow revenue, build trust with your clients, and engage with your community. Today, let’s explore three tips that will take your email marketing to the next level.
Why Should You Utilize Email Marketing?
Well, to be blunt, you should use email marketing because it works. Studies have shown that for every $1 you spend on email marketing, you could realize an average return of $36.
In addition to a strong ROI, email marketing allows you to reach a consistent base of your customers quickly. On average, 21% of marketing emails are opened within the first hour of sending. This can help you get the latest news and sales in front of your customer fast!
Three Tips To Accelerate Your Email Marketing
Now that we’ve established the value of email marketing, let’s explore three of our favorite email marketing tips here at Sprucely Designed. Utilizing these tips can elevate your email marketing.
1. Utilize a Website Banner or Pop-Up To Generate New Subscribers
I’m guessing that most of you have visited a website and seen a pop-up encouraging you to sign up to the site’s newsletter. According to Klaviyo, newsletter pop-ups convert at higher rates than static call-outs. We understand that pop-up forms aren’t everyone’s cup of tea; if the idea of a pop-up concerns you, then consider a banner sign up. Banner sign ups are most often found at the top of the site or in the footer.
To get the most out of your sign-up form, keep it simple. Making it easy for your customers to sign-up is crucial. Make sure your form short and to the point. We recommend simply asking for name and email. The highest performing forms have two fields or less.
2. Use Segmentation and Personalization To Increase Open Rates
Did you know that segmented emails make readers 50% more likely to click links within emails? Using segmentations allow you to send differentiated content to different customers. Not only does this allow for greater personalization, but it also allows you to send the most relevant content to your readers.
Segmentation can often feel daunting, but focusing on creating subgroups based on simple criteria is the best way to get started. Here are a few of our suggested segmentations to get you started:
- Customers who have made a purchase.
- Customers who have not made a purchase.
- VIP Customers – those who have made multiple purchases.
- Geographic locations
- Pages or Products Viewed
To track how your segmentations perform, be sure to look at your open rates, click rates, and conversions. Utilizing email marketing platforms such as Klaviyo can make creating segmentations a breeze and help you track your email performance.
3. Create Your Emails With a Mobile First Mentality
Over 80% of all emails are opened and read on mobile devices. If you’re emails are not mobile friendly, your customers will notice. Studies show that up to 80% of readers immediately delete emails that are not easily readable on their mobile device.
So, what does it mean to be mobile first? In short, it means ensuring that your email content looks clean when viewed on a smaller screen. Most email marketing platforms will allow you to toggle to a mobile view of your content. This will help you see what your readers will see after you hit send. Here are some factors to consider to help you design mobile first emails:
- Get right to the point. The more concise your message is, the more likely your customers will read it. Make sure your content is easily scannable by using short paragraphs or bulleted lists.
- Be mindful about your images. The majority of email newsletters are presented in a stacked view on mobile devices. To avoid having your images overtake your content, utilize the smallest images possible.
- Size matters. Make sure your font size is large enough to making reading easy on smaller screens. A minimum size of 14 for normal text is a good rule of thumb.
- Don’t forget your CTA! Make sure to utilize a call to action in your email and place that CTA near the top of your content.
While getting started with email marketing can feel overwhelming, remember that your campaigns are an extension of your brand and business. To create your email templates, look to your digital brand; what colors, fonts, icons, and logos represent you? Take those same brand assets and extend them to your campaigns to keep things consistent and simple!
Are you looking for email marketing assistance? We can help with that! In addition to being Klaviyo partners, we specialize in email template creation, campaign design, email writing, and email automation. Reach out today to schedule a call with us.